Change

[usguide.topica] Successful Application

Thảo luận trong 'Các thủ tục liên quan tới apply' bắt đầu bởi Long nhi, 12 Tháng mười 2008.

1. Long nhi November wind

Làm thành viên từ:
    12 Tháng chín 2008
    Số bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Nơi ở:
    Edwardsville, IL
    Hi all,

From your own experiences, is a personal contact with a professor who will assess your application essential for the admission? If I have to choose between the department I really like and the department where the professor in charge knows my referee very well which one would you suggest to me?

Thank you all for any comments.

Cheers.
  2. Long nhi November wind

Làm thành viên từ:
    12 Tháng chín 2008
    Số bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Nơi ở:
    Edwardsville, IL
    Why don't you apply for both departments and wait to see what happens. If you got admitted at both places, you can then decide where to go.
  3. Long nhi November wind

Làm thành viên từ:
    12 Tháng chín 2008
    Số bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Nơi ở:
    Edwardsville, IL
    You should apply to both programs, it doesnt hurt youanyway. It is better to pay application fee and shipping cost (to send application to the second school) than to risk the chance to be admitted there if I were in your case.
  4. Long nhi November wind

Làm thành viên từ:
    12 Tháng chín 2008
    Số bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Nơi ở:
    Edwardsville, IL
    Hi all,

Thank mates for your comments. I raise the question due to a situation that I feel impossible (or improper) to ask my referees to provide too many letters of reference to different departments like that.

So again what should I do?

Cheers.
  5. Long nhi November wind

Làm thành viên từ:
    12 Tháng chín 2008
    Số bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Nơi ở:
    Edwardsville, IL
    Theo tôi thì apply vào 2nd option của bạn thì sẽ có cơ hội cao hơn. Tuy nhiên không hiểu bạn sẽ học gì. Nếu làm PhD mà nghiên cứu cái mình không thích thì chả hứng thú gì đâu, nhất là phải làm trong mấy năm liền, :).
  6. Long nhi November wind

Làm thành viên từ:
    12 Tháng chín 2008
    Số bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Nơi ở:
    Edwardsville, IL
    Hello,
    Does your referee want you to go to his friend's department (not the one that you really like)? Is it why you don't feel comfortable asking him for LoR to
    other departments?

I think asking for many letter of recommendations is a normal thing to do in the application process. I'm sure that many other people on this mailing list have also done that. You don't have to feel guilty if you want to do that.

Another option is to find other referees who are willing to write you a LoR for other schools.

Chia sẻ trang này